2022-2023 Davenport Band Booster Executive Board
President - Chris Lachance
Vice-President - Joe Hernandez
Treasurer - Traci DeGolier
Secretary - Shannon Rainey
Parliamentarian- Denise Fox
The DHS Band Booster organization exists to provide adult support and assistance to the band and color guard of Davenport High School and its Directors.
Volunteers will need to complete the Comal ISD Online Volunteer Background Check at least 2 weeks prior to volunteering. This application only needs to be completed once each school year.
Here are just a few of the places we need volunteers:
- Chaperones - These volunteers help ensure the safety and comfort of the band during football games, marching competitions, and other special events. In the fall, we chaperone games and contests, serve food and drinks to the students, have parent/booster meetings, help with moving equipment and much more. Mandatory chaperone meeting and background check is required.
- Load Crew - This is a weekly commitment for all football games and marching contest. Help load, unload, and move all instruments and equipment. In addition, help secure safe passage for the band during loading and unloading from the busses; at the band hall; marching to the stadium during home games; and most important, moving equipment to the field during competitions and football games. This crew may also be needed to construct various items for the band like props. Mandatory chaperone meeting and background check is required. Chaperones may also stand in as pit crew helpers during half time.
- Uniform Committee - These volunteers help fit the band students for their marching and concert uniforms. Once the uniforms are fitted, we will need volunteers to help in making alterations to the uniforms. These volunteers also assist in the distribution and stowing of uniforms before and after all performances.
- Ways and Means Committee - These volunteers assist in planning and execution of fundraising efforts for the Davenport Band Boosters.
- Band Banquet Committee - These volunteers assist in planning and execution of the annual band banquet in May.